Background

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine's Measurement **FREEBIE!!**

A teacher I work with found these cute Valentine's necklaces at the Dollar Spot at Target a couple weeks ago.



She bought a couple for herself, and a couple for me.  When she gave them to me, she said, "I figured you would be able to come up with something we can do with these."  And she was right!! 

I am cutting mine into different lengths for each of the kiddos.  They then have to count the number of hearts on their chain and find something in the room that is shorter, longer, and the same length as their heart chain!!  You can also just cut the same length for everyone if that is easier for you!  I don't know about you, but any time the kiddos are moving around the room, life is so much better. :)


Grab your FREE copy at my TpT Store or my Teacher's Notebook Store!

Also, if you want to do the activity but are thinking..."Like I really have time to get over to Target's Dollar Spot this week..." I made you a yarn version!  (This can also be used not at Valentine's...) Cut whatever color yarn you want and you can do the exact same activity!


Grab your FREE copy of Yarn Lengths at my TpT Store or my Teacher's Notebook Store!

It's not too late to add some great Sight Word and Math activities to your week!



If you don't have them already, grab my Sight Word and Math Activity Combo Pack at my TpT Store or Teacher's Notebook Store!  They are also available separately if you only need one! :)  Hope you had a great productive weekend like me!! Happy almost Monday! :)

Love, Sara :)


****The yarn lengths freebie was purchased by DJ Inker's and is no longer available as a freebie in my stores.  I will post a link where you can buy it once it is posted on the DJ Inker's website!! ****

3 comments:

  1. Great idea!! Target dollar spot... here I come :)
    ❤Teri

    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and fun idea! Thank you so much sweet Sara!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete